Monday, November 4, 2013

Easy Homemade Crockpot Applesauce




     Growing up, it was always a treat when I was at school, opened my lunch, and saw a small cup of applesauce from my mom!  The applesauce was always delicious, however, looking back and thinking of the added preservatives and sugar I was consuming de-romanticizes my elementary school days a bit.  Fortunately, after getting 22 pounds of apples, and scrambling to figure out what to do with them, Malissa and I discovered how to make delicious applesauce with no preservatives, and no artificial ingredients!  Now I can re-live my childhood memories without re-living the chemicals!

...OH! And it's SUPER EASY!...

Crockpot Applesauce

12 Apples, peeled and sliced into cubes (we used Fuji, which were really good!)
1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 Cups water
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon sweetener (optional)


Combine all ingredients in the crockpot, cook for 6 hours on low setting, stir and mash occasionally.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment