Friday, May 4, 2012

Protein Power!

Timothy Bradley.  Whole-Foods enthusiast; totally buff...
     Where do you get your protein?  When you tell people you don't eat meat, this seems to be the first thing out of their lips.
     For those wondering if they can get protein while eating a Whole-Foods plant based diet, ask my friend to the right here.  His name is Timothy Bradley. As an up-an-coming boxing superstar with a 28-0 record, his diet is built upon Whole-Foods and proteins from nuts, legumes, grains, seeds, fruits and vegetables. (Click here to learn more about Bradley)

     The truth is, protein can come from many different places.  All Whole grains have protein, as well as nuts and legumes.  In the two years that I have eaten a whole-foods plant-based diet, I haven't once had to worry about whether or not I get enough protein.

Click here for my post on three plant-based proteins!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you shop? How do you get your food? Can we get a sample shopping list? I'm interested in doing something like this, but my body craves protein so much, and I have a hard time finding the right foods to satisfy myself (although I admit, I think it's harder to eat really well without a kitchen of your own, which I currently lack).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you asked all of this! I just took my buddy Neal Grocery shopping yesterday and my next blog post will be all about it! In the meantime, I must tell you that I simply shop at Walmart or smiths. I'll put up a sample grocery list on my next post as well

    ReplyDelete